Thursday 4 October 2012

Thought/ Change Of Idea

From the feedback I proposed to my fellow peers and tutors I gathered that I needed more meaning and concept behind the idea that I had. I wanted to do a set of images that mean something to me but still keep them relevant to me. This has lead to me changing my initial idea completely.

With a photograph like mine with so many different potential meanings the way that I see the image is through what I resemble and I remember from 'de ja vu'. By this I mean that the image can mean a million different things to a million different people and each person could have a flash back of a similar image in their head and therefor relate to the photograph.
To me, this photographs that I have been given reminds me of time that I have spent at my grandma's house during past autumn/ winter as a child sitting in a warm house gazing outside. I want to use this idea but with a different twist, I want to incorporate the full autumn season into the circular story. By this I mean that I will photograph my grandma's doings during the autumn period. I will photograph these things from inside the window, where I used to sit as a child looking out but now I will be photographing. I will not move the position of the camera and tripod to keep a certain amount of consistency within the photographs so that the difference in setting doesn't take away from what is actually happening in the photograph.
Some ideas of what I could photograph/ set up are as follows:
  • Falling leaves
  • Raking up the fallen leaves
  • Halloween/ Pumpkins
  • The change of clothes will be considered with the flow of the images
  • Nana Pat!
  • Tractor helping out around the farm
  • Moving all the summer stuff
  • Bare trees
  • Bird nests/ boxes. Do they hibernate? (Ask Nana Pat)
  • Her chickens roaming around
  • Squirrels?
  • Dogs? Coco?
  • De-coring the pumpkin?
  • KEEP THE SAME CAMERA POSTION (TRIPOD)
  • Planting garlic? (Apparently what you do during this period)
  • "Leaf Peeping?"
  • Bonfire. Burning the fallen leaves. (Fire bucket?)

No comments:

Post a Comment